GUIDELINES FOR USE OF SAMSON HOUSE MATERIAL
The purpose of the Website is:
- To serve the fellowship of the Samson Society.
- To serve as a resource for Samson Society members, those seeking help from Samson Society, professionals working with addicts, the media, and the public at large.
- To provide accurate and consistent information about the Samson Society.
- To encourage participation of Samson Society members, groups and committees in Samson Society services and activities.
A. PERSONAL USE
Some uses of Samson House copyrighted literature and other copyrighted Samson House materials are allowed by Samson House if the following conditions are met:
- Use must be for non-fiction commentary, news reporting, parody, summarization or similar. For use in creative/fiction writing, please submit a completed “Request for Permission to Reprint” form.
- Use must be on a one-time basis only and not replace a sale of the work or diminish the market for, or value of the work.
Guidelines and Limitations for acceptable use of Samson House Copyrighted Literature and other copyrighted Samson House material:
- Individual printing or photocopying of a single copy or a brief excerpt of Samson House literature and/or Samson House material.
- A single reproduction of a brief excerpt of audio DVDs, CDs, etc. or video works, e.g. film, film clips, public service announcements/PSAs, etc. (up to 10% of the total work or three minutes, whichever is less.)
- Individual printing or photocopying of a brief excerpt of printed Samson House literature and/or Samson House material from the Samson House Website..
- A single reproduction of a brief excerpt portion of audio DVDs, CDs, etc. or video works, e.g. film, film clips, public service announcements/PSAs, etc. (up to 10% of the total work or three minutes, whichever is less) from the Samson House Website.
- Saving Samson House literature or other Samson House material on a computer hard drive.
- An entire work of Samson House copyrighted material must not be posted or/uploaded to any website, online discussion boards or any social media formats, whether Samson House or non-Samson House, without written permission from Samson House
No permission to reprint need be submitted to Samson House if the text of Samson House copyrighted literature is presented as-is, with no amendments, changes or editing permitted.
C. ADDITIONAL TERMS
- Oversight of the Website, including new releases of apps, websites or any other additional G.S.O. technology, will be the responsibility of Samson House.
- The Website will make use of existing Samson Society and Samson House materials whenever practical.
- The Website will provide contact information to Samson Society groups by listing and linking to existing websites.
- The Website will include selected Archives information and material.
- The Website will welcome visitors to make suggestions about the Website design and content.
- This Policy will be reviewed annually by the Samson House Board of Directors.